Home remodeling contractors are turning an eye to the future of home remodeling while assessing the last year of progress too. In 2019, the home renovation-market went through consistent development. Also, it maintained a consistent $10,000 annual investment on average in home remodeling per home.
If we consider the upcoming year, noteworthy changes are going to hit the home renovation market. Many of them are developing around the stability of the homeowners. In 2020, we can expect to focus on energy efficiency, a shifting market structure, and a propelling in the overall expenditure in home renovation.
- Energy Efficiency – Since a younger generation is moving into the home remodeling market, there will be a notable shift towards energy-efficiency in the remodeling trends. Both are for environmental and financial aims. The younger property owners are willing to invest in smart technology. They want to consider this when it is about improving the energy efficiency of their homes.
The young homeowners want to invest in tech-savvy and modern home appliances. Also, they are considering the impacts of their overall investments on their financial stability in the future. The property owners are bearing in mind the recent government regulations regarding the restriction on the use of wasteful energy. That is why new generations want to focus on \”healthy\” renovations. That will enhance the productivity of their home for years to come.
- Remodeling for Increased Functionality – The home remodeling trends in 2020 are going to be different than the projects dominating the business in the past years. People are growing interest in functional, rapid renovations, instead of massive, time taking transformations. One of the reasons behind this choice is damages caused by natural calamities. Many times, these remodeling projects develop on finding a quick fix for a problem instead of completely reconstructing a home.
- Growing Investments – The home remodeling spending is likely to remain comparatively flat in 2020. However, the lower rates of mortgage may fight the stable course and push it to exceed the past years. Similar to the current labor market and lower rates of unemployment, it is likely to happen that home repair cost increases. You can expect that by 2025, the total home improvement market will exceed $1,120 billion in total outlay. And that will represent a 4.5% propelling from that of the past year.
In the following passages, let’s have a look at some bathroom and kitchen remodeling trends that are going to hit the ground in 2020. You can get detailed info in this regard on Finance.Yahoo.Com.
Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling Trends You Can Opt For In 2020
If we talk about the kitchen and bath market, there will be an emphasis on smart technology. Also, there will be a focus on using more color and more anti-microbial and dirt-resistant finishes.
Kitchen and Bath Technology
One of the popular trends that are inspiring people to invest in home remodeling is technological advancements. According to the reputable home remodeling contractors within several years to come, the ‘smart home’ is what the smart homeowners are going to expect.
The recent bath technology study on this consumer preference trends has something to say. It reports that according to the bathroom technology study, homeowners are interested in bathroom tech solutions such as smart showers and tubs with automatic sensors and temperature controls. Also, they are willing to invest in motion control, heated floors, voice-activated lighting, and leak detector devices that one can operate through mobile apps.
Here, let’s check out some bathroom and kitchen remodeling trends:
2020 Kitchen Remodeling Trends
- When it comes to 2020 kitchen remodeling trends, stainless kitchen appliances are continuing to be the leading choice.
- The other popular choices are white cabinets and blue islands. The highlights are walnut cabinetry and classic subway tiles with exclusive textures, larger sizes, etc.
- Also, property owners are growing interest in colorful appliances. Homeowners are looking for new finishes such as rose gold and warm brass.
Yes, you might say, these have already been on the market for a while. But these trends are again warming up. The matte black is also widely adopted too.
Trending Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
- A shower shelf is a necessity. And it requires a few inches of build-out into the shower space.
- Bathroom seating beyond the toilet or shower bench can give the homeowners a space to relax or surf the internet.
- The freestanding tub seems to be a continuing trend in 2020. These come in exclusive sizes and designs. That is why you can choose a style that fits the layout and decor in your bathroom.
- When it comes to choosing a suitable tub in natural-looking materials, you can choose from stone, concrete, copper, and marble.
- Self-cleaning and bidet-style toilets are trendy. These come with facilities such as LED lighting and digital controls.
Do you want to invest in home remodeling? Are you looking for an exclusive renovation idea? Consult a professional home remodeling contractor. They can get you a productive customized plan according to your needs, and the size of the investment.