Hey, have you ever counted how many bathrooms you have in your home, and are those larger enough for your family? To be honest, most homeowners include bathrooms in their house plan but never estimate if those are sufficient! For instance, when you added one and a half restrooms in your new home, maybe there were only you two- you and your spouse. But now, with a growing family, you should think of bathroom expansion and transforming the current space to experience a spa-like oasis!
In short, you and your family can have the exact aesthetic you have dreamt of with additional room.
Everything About Bathroom Expansion and Its Basics
Bathroom expansion is nothing but renovating your shower room but a step ahead! The process involves not only the refurbishment of your current restroom but the addition of extra square footage. You can increase the all-around size while turning a half-bath into a full one.
But do you know where to get the space? We, MDM Custom Remodeling Inc, are here to suggest!
How to find space for bathroom expansion
If done right, a perfect bathroom expansion can give you the best possible liveable space and boost the real estate value during the sale. And for that, choosing the right space is essential! Well, you have two options here to expand the bathroom, like:
- Go for a complete bump-out! It can help you get additional space by knocking down the exterior wall and extending the outward, around 12 to 15 feet.
- Utilize the excess space within your home that can be the hallway, two compartments of a larger walk-in closet adjacent to your bathroom, spare room, or bedroom.
Cost of bathroom expansion
We can’t answer you here any fixed budget because it can vary, depending on your preferences and choices, such as:
- Expansion size
- Charges of building permits
- Electrical and plumbing installation
- Material choice and labor costs
- Drywall installation and more
However, we have estimated our previous projects and found out that the average outlay for bathroom expansion can be around $60,000. And it is double of standard bathroom renovations!
Bathroom expansion considerations
While extending your bathroom space, you need to consider a few factors a little. Here are some of:
- Do I need to install a double vanity or a modern bathroom sink?
- Move or add electrical and plumbing stuff?
- Which flooring option to pick!
- Walk-in shower or bathtub?
Last but not least, look over our top bathroom remodeling projects on Yelp! Stay connected!